For students, interns and young professionals, it is often difficult to know whether a company’s internship or job offer is actually a step on the career ladder and a real opportunity – or simply exploitation involving unfair pay and unfair treatment.
To ensure transparency, 37 companies and the then editor-in-chief of a job and business magazine from the Handelsblatt publishing group launched the ‘Fair Companies’ employer initiative in 2004. It awards a seal to companies that comply with the ‘Fair Company’ quality standards and rules in the areas of internships, working students, young professionals and trainees. Over 200 companies have since participated in this initiative nationwide.
Since October 2019, Sovendus has also been part of this initiative and has been named a ‘Fair Company’. Our guidelines for employing interns and working students meet all the criteria required by ‘Fair Company’:
- We offer internships to students for professional orientation.
- Interns take on clearly defined tasks and have a fixed contact person in their specialist department or the HR department. The duration of the internship is reasonable and clearly limited.
- Internship contracts are not extended as internships, but are transferred to other employment relationships.
- University graduates who have applied for a permanent role are not put off with an internship as an entry-level position.
- Provided there is mutual interest, they will receive the permanent position for which they have applied. Interns receive adequate remuneration from us.
- We ensure transparency regarding the tasks, contact people and objectives of the internship – and also regarding rules and regulations. We are committed to making the Fair Company Code accessible to all and encourage interns to use the Fair Company feedback system and submit their experiences with us. This helps to ensure that the standards and compliance with the standards are constantly monitored.
If you feel like this speaks to you, you can find out more about the current vacancies and internship opportunities here. We look forward to receiving your application.